2 Zulhijjah 1431H - I was offered to join this party under the belief that I could promote enlightened and progressive politics; nurture and develop principled political values and culture that I consider indispensable to the development of democracy and good governance in this country. I was mistaken.

Over the course of the party elections, events have shown that the leadership actively condones malpractices and electoral fraud to achieve its designed objectives. I am certain that any political party with such hypocritical and false values will not be able to offer meaningful reforms to the people of this country.


I have made this decision because there is no attempt on the part of the party leadership to address the various issues of manipulation and unfair electoral practices, although these issues were raised repeatedly.


I wish to thank all the members who have supported me and placed their faith in the cause of reform. It is of utmost disappointment that I am unable to continue in this flawed election process. I remain committed to the Opposition’s cause and will continue to speak about the issues of the common people. Together, we will continue our unabated struggle towards a better government for the people.


Finally, I hope those adoring fans of Anwar Ibrahim will no longer regard me as a “spoiler” standing in the way of their march to Putrajaya. I wish them well.


--- Zaid Ibrahim, 8 November 2010

Berkaitan:
Umar al-Khattab pembunuh dan peminum arak tegar sebelum keislamannya
PKR ada apa hal?: Sivarasa kata Zaid
Mesej cintaku terhadap saudara Anwar Ibrahim: Bermuhasabalah
Pemilihan pimpinan PKR: Aku semakin mual dan menyampah!
Aku sayangkan Islam, Malaysia dan Anwar Ibrahim

PKR de facto leader Datuk Seri Anwar Ibrahim quoted by Malaysiakini as saying that Zaid Ibrahim may have made the decision to withdraw from the deputy presidency contest following the results of the Sabah PKR election over the weekend.

0 comments:

LUSIANA CATERING: HALAL food and catering services.

Komentar dari pembaca di Goodreads | This is one good book. I’ve read one by this author before,Perang Armagedon, which...

Posted by Web Sutera on Friday, 4 March 2016

Copyright © 2013 - WebSutera.com - is proudly powered by Blogger